|Chocolate Haystacks (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free) |
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chips or broken pieces (I usually use these chocolate chips that I can get at my basic grocery store, which are by far my favorite, or these that I can order online)
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free chow mein noodles (or gluten-free pretzels, or even slivered almonds for smaller treats)
- 1 ½ cups pistachios, shelled OR up to 1 1/2 cups of other favorite ingredients (e.g., small nuts (or nut pieces), dried cranberries (or Craisins), raisins, sunflower seeds).
- Line one very large baking sheet (or two smaller baking sheets) with waxed paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using the double-boiler method, melt chocolate in a large pan. Once chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and immediately stir in other ingredients. Add additional amount of ingredients if needed to get haystack “clusters.”
- Drop bite-size spoonfuls of mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes so haystacks will set.
- Makes a little over a dozen 3-inch haystacks.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/chocolate-haystacks-revisiting-those-delicious-easy-to-make-treats-of-long-ago/