|The Best Ever Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes (Grain Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Plus) |
Author: Shirley Braden
- 1 large can wild-caught salmon, about 15 ounces, drained
- 1 large lovey egg (“that's not a typo!” says Jennifer; she means an egg that’s given with love from a well-loved free-roaming chicken like hers)
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- Coconut oil (or oil of choice for frying; coconut oil is best for flavor)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Shape mixture into five or six patties, about 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Heat oil to medium to medium-high temperature.
- Add salmon cakes. Fry about 6 minutes on each side, “till crispy” per Jennifer. Watch carefully though so you don’t overcook the salmon cakes; reduce heat if needed. Ideally, you want the salmon cakes to be crispy and to stay together, but you only want to flip them once.
- Serve with Dijon mustard, if desired.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/best-ever-gluten-free-salmon-cakes-grain-free-dairy-free-nut-free/