|Green Chile Chicken Casserole |
Author: Shirley Braden
- Green Chile Chicken Casserole
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- Garlic powder (or garlic salt), to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 small container sour cream (either dairy or dairy free will work)
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese or shredded cheese blend of choice (or dairy-free cheese)
- 1 – 2 cans green chiles, drained (or 1 – 2 packages fresh green chiles, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place halved chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle halved chicken breasts with garlic powder (or garlic salt), onion powder, and black pepper, all to taste.
- In large bowl, mix sour cream, cheese, and chiles. Mixture will be thick; mix well. Spread mixture over halved chicken breasts. You should have just enough of the mixture to cover them. (However, once baked, there will ample sauce as you can see in the photos of the finished dish.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/green-chile-chicken-casserole/