|Flourless, Nut-Free Brownies |
Author: Elana Amsterdam
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Spectrum all-vegetable
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with shortening.
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat, then mix in the shortening and coconut sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool in the baking dish for 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Makes 16 brownies[br] [br] Sweetness: High
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/paleo-cooking-from-elanas-pantry/