|Grilled Stuffed Mini (Baby) Sweet Bell Peppers |
- 6 mini/baby sweet bell peppers
- 2 tbsp or so of extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- About 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Avocado, cut into small chunks
- About ½ cup roasted red pepper hummus (I love this paleo version)
- Seasonings of choice, to taste
- Wash peppers, cut in half lengthwise, and remove stems, seeds, and white pithy parts.
- Heat grill to medium to medium-high heat.
- Place aluminum foil on grill and turn up on all edges to create a pan effect. Drizzle olive oil on cooking area.
- Add diced onion to grill and cook until translucent, about a minute or two.
- Add quinoa, garlic, and any seasonings to grill with onion and cook and stir until both are toasted and heated through, another minute or two.
- Using potholders, remove foil with contents off to the side.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of quinoa mixture into each pepper half.
- Spoon avocado on top of quinoa mixture in each.
- Top each pepper half with a dollop of roasted red pepper hummus.
- Place new aluminum foil on grill. Drizzle olive oil on cooking area.
- Heat about a minute. Add stuffed pepper halves. Close grill (if you have that option).
- Cook about 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness for the peppers themselves.
- Serve. Makes about 6 servings.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/stuffed-mini-baby-sweet-bell-peppers/