Cheesy Sausage Potatoes
Author: Stacy Myers from Stacy Makes Cents and Crock On
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 6 cups potatoes, chopped into 2 inch
- chunks (with or without the peel – I leave
- the peel on)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese + more for serving
- one 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain. Transfer to a 4-5 quart greased crock pot. Add potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, chilies, chili powder, and salt. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are fork tender. Serve with slotted spoon. Sprinkle each individual serving with shredded cheddar cheese.
Yield: 5-6 servings
There will be a good amount of juice left in the bottom. You can discard it or thicken it to make “gravy.”
You can prep the potatoes the night before. Place in bowl and cover with water. Refrigerate until needed.
]-We like this as a breakfast-dinner. Leftovers can be reheated the next morning for breakfast.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/cheesy-sausage-potatoes-and-asparagus-fries-recipes/