Author: Stacy Myers from Stacy Makes Cents and Crock On
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 6 cups potatoes, chopped into 2 inch
- chunks (with or without the peel – I leave
- the peel on)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese + more for serving
- 1, 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain. Transfer to a 4-5 quart greased crock pot. Add potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, chilies, chili powder, and salt. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are fork tender. Serve with slotted spoon. Sprinkle each individual serving with shredded cheddar cheese.
Yield: 5-6 servings [br][br][br][br]-There will be a good amount of juice left in the bottom. I haven’t figured out a use for it yet. It could be thickened and served over bread as a “gravy.”[br][br][br][br]-You can prep the potatoes the night before. Place in bowl and cover with water – refrigerate until needed.[br][br][br[br]]-We like this as a breakfast-dinner. Leftovers can be reheated the next morning for breakfast.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/cheesy-sausage-potatoes-and-asparagus-fries-recipes/