Author: The Veggie Book
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs (use gluten-free bread crumbs!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Trim off the root end of your asparagus and cut each spears in half. If you have spears that are thicker than others you may want to cut them in half length-wise to ensure even cooking.
- Place eggs, beaten in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl or plate mix together your salt, pepper, parsley and bread crumbs together.
- Dip spears into egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on greased pan and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes until desired tenderness is reached.
There's also a wonderful dipping sauce in The Veggie Book to go with these Asparagus Fries .
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/cheesy-sausage-potatoes-and-asparagus-fries-recipes/