|Flourless, Gluten-Free Pizza |
Author: Shirley Braden
This flourless pizza is loved by MANY! The crust is made from eggs and cheese. You have to try it to believe it. You will never miss pizza again!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp pizza seasoning
- 8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup (or slightly more, per preference) pizza sauce (I use Ragu traditional pizza sauce)
- 4 ounces (1 cup) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Assorted toppings of preference: pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon, ground beef, mushrooms, green peppers, etc. (I recommend precooking any toppings slightly to ensure much less fat/“liquid” to prevent a soggy crust.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish (metal does not work well; crust will stick) and line with parchment paper.
- For crust, in medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Stir in mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread mixture evenly over parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. When slightly cool, I “cheat” and lift the crust using the parchment paper and place all in the freezer for about 30 minutes until completely cooled. If you have plenty of time, you can cool the crust on the counter and then leave in the refrigerator for several hours uncovered. The goal is for the crust to dry out enough that it will be crispy/chewy and you can pick up with your hands.
- Once cooled, remove parchment paper and place crust back in same pan (which is adequately greased from before—I even wipe it out a bit with a paper towel). Spread crust with pizza sauce, then cheese (even if you love cheese, do not add more than one cup as the crust is almost entirely made of cheese), and then toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly and look right. Let stand a few minutes before cutting. Makes about 8 servings and can be frozen for later eating.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/flourless-gluten-free-pizza/