Chocolate Pie with Raw Graham Cracker Crust
Author: Kelly Brozyna from The Paleo Chocolate Lovers' Cookbook
- 1 cup (100 g) walnut halves and pieces
- ¼ cup (about 4) soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup coconut cream* (see notes)
- ½ cup (about 8) soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the crust, in a food processor with an “S” blade, purée the walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt for about 20 seconds or until very fine.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a glass pie dish, and press it across the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Rinse the food processor.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream just slightly.
- Add the heated coconut cream, dates, chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the food processor, and purée for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and completely smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and chill to set.
- When you’re ready to serve the pie, top it with whipped coconut cream.
- Store any uneaten pie in the refrigerator.
*For the filling, use the cream at the top of a can of separated full-fat coconut milk. To get it to separate, refrigerate a couple of cans overnight.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/chocolate-pie-with-raw-graham-cracker-crust-paleo-chocolate-lovers-cookbook-kelly-brozyna/