Lemon Chia Seed Muffins from Premeditated Leftovers
Author: Alea Milham
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- 2 cups rice flour (either white rice flour or brown rice flour)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 cup milk (use almond or rice milk to make this dairy-free)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line muffin tins.
- In a large bowl mix the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, baking powder, guar gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend the lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, oil, and egg. Add the granulated and brown sugar.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moist.
- Add the chia seeds and mix until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Fill pre-greased (or lined) muffin cups ¾ full with batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-lemon-chia-seed-muffins-premeditated-leftovers/