|Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins from Tessa, The Domestic Diva |
Author: Tessa Simpson
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 28 mins
- ½ cup ROASTED sweet potato (see notes)
- ¼ cup dates (about 5 medjool dates, or abut 2.5 ounces)
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of choice (I use coconut milk)
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (optional..you can omit for a Whole 30 option, or add more if you want!)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder (grain free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Add-In Options: orange zest, chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins, toasted nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the dates, milk, coconut butter, and coconut oil in a pan and simmer gently a couple of minutes to soften the dates.
- Add the date mixture and sweet potato to the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until well mixed. Batter will be very thick.
- Use your hands to grab a golf ball size piece of dough, and roll gently in your hands to form a ball.
- Place the balls into a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- These will keep for several days on the counter in an airtight container.
TO ROAST YOUR SWEET POTATOES: Simply scrub your sweet potato clean, prick all over with a fork, and bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour until some of the sugars are seeping out of the holes! It should be uber soft and deflated looking when it comes out of the oven and deflates! I make multiple potatoes at once and use them in smoothies or other treats (pureed with coconut milk…swoon!)
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-paleo-sweet-potato-muffins-tessa-the-domestic-diva/