Delicious Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins from Allergy Free Alaska
Author: Megan Ancheta
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast, Snack
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour, gently packed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup apple sauce, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, just melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple sauce, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Carefully stir the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until just combined. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Divide the dough into 15 paper lined muffin tins and then bake for 20 – 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tins and place on metal racks to cool.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-delicious-paleo-carrot-cake-muffins-allergy-free-alaska/