|Vanilla Pear Muffins from Healthful Pursuit |
Author: Leanne Vogel
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
These Vanilla Pear Muffins are 150 calorie grain-free muffins made with coconut flour, lemon zest, vanilla and fresh pears. Perfect for traveling, lunches, or a sweet afternoon snack.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk – I used lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sifted coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ large bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 6 muffin tins with muffin cups. Set aside.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour with baking powder and nutmeg. Drop into the wet ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Drop batter into muffin cups and place sliced pears on top with a sprinkle of coconut sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 1 minute before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack to cool.
Allergen info: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free
Muffins can be stored for a few days at room temperature. Keep in the fridge to prolong time, or freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-vanilla-pear-muffins-from-healthful-pursuit/