|Savory Leek and Potato Brunch Muffins from Cake Cooks Gluten Free |
Author: Kathy Craddock
- 2 cups almond flour, like Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour (NOT almond meal)
- ½ tapioca flour
- 1 leek
- 1 white or purple sweet potato
- ½ cup lard or palm shortening
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded raw cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using either a box grater or food processor to shred the sweet potato. You should have about 1 ½ cups of shredded potato.
- Slice the leek in half and pulling open the inner layers, wash the leek well. Cut off the dark green end and thinly slice the leek.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil. Add the minced garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add the leeks and cook until the leeks turn bright and slightly transparent. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and the lard or shortening. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour blend. Add the parsley, shredded potato and leeks. The mixture will be very thick, but just go with it.
- Fill a muffin tin about ½ cup fill. If desired, top with raw cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/savory-leek-and-potato-brunch-muffins-cake-cooks-gluten-free/