|Super Easy Traditional Turkey Breast |
- One turkey breast, any size (just be sure it fits in your slow cooker)
- One stick (1/2 cup) regular butter (not unsalted) or non-dairy equivalent, melted
- Remove any packaging for the turkey breast carefully. (I’ve been surprised by gravy packets before and I’ve been grateful that I didn’t accidentally puncture them with my kitchen shears.)
- Rinse turkey breast. Remove any contents from cavity of breast. (If gizzards and liver are included, you can cook those or freeze for another use later.)
- Pat dry and place in crockpot.
- Melt butter.
- Pour butter evenly over turkey breast. (DO NOT add anything else. Nothing. NO additional seasonings. NO water. NOTHING else.)
- Cook 4 to 4 1/2 hours on high or 8 to 8 ½ hours on low; cooking on low yields a more tender flavorful breast in this case, I believe. (If frozen, be sure to remove anything in the cavity and cook for about 10 hours or so.)
- This turkey breast will be perfectly moist and perfectly seasoned. The skin even browns in my crockpot. I use a 6-qt oval Crockpot SmartPot.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/super-easy-turkey-breast-and-surprise-stuffing/