|Blueberry Pie with Honey Whipped Cream |
Author: Shirley Braden
- 1 cup coconut "cream," from a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk (read more below)
- ¼ cup honey
- The day before, chill one can of coconut milk, your mixing bowl, and beaters in refrigerator. (I try to keep 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator at all times for making ice cream and whipped cream.)
- Skim about one cup of the "cream" off the top ... that's what I'm calling the thick, non-liquid substance that forms when you refrigerate full-fat coconut milk for at least 24 hours in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
- Add the coconut cream to a chilled bowl. Whip coconut cream with chilled beaters until it reaches its whipped cream state.
- Gradually add honey. Whip again until it turns to whipped cream with at least soft peaks remaining when you stop whipping.
- Chill whipped cream if you will not be using it immediately.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at http://glutenfreeeasily.com/blueberry-pie-honey-whipped-cream/