March Muffin Madness continues with a recipe for Vanilla Pear Muffins from Leanne of Healthful Pursuit. Aren’t they just gorgeous? I think vanilla and pears make a really sweet combination! But please don’t be misled by my statement as Leanne states that her recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, yeast free, corn-free, grain-free, and nut-free. (Note that I have not been noting several of these “free” factors for other recipes as I have not verified the safety of individual ingredients in recipes, but will share this information when the participating blogger provides it.)
Enjoy learning more about Leanne and her Vanilla Pear Muffins (see the whole line-up of bloggers, blogs, and muffin recipes here) and be sure to leave a comment on today’s post to enter the MMM giveaway that will be conducted on March 31 and includes three different muffin pans (mini 24-cup, steel 12-cup, or cast iron 6-cup), an immersion blender, a spiral vegetable slicer, an electric pressure cooker, a 12-cup food processor, and—my favorite in this giveaway!—a Blendtec all-in-one-kitchen appliance (with a Wildside Jar)! Thanks again to the folks at Blendtec for sponsoring our Super Grand Prize! Please remember that EVERY comment in the series will be an entry for the final giveaway, so if you’ve missed some posts, take a moment and visit them and leave a single comment on each to get in the maximum number of entries. (FYI: You can also check out all the prizes on the sidebar right beside this post.)
When Leanne’s not experimenting in her kitchen, she tells me that you can find her speaking at various woman-based events, painting her nails, sweating it out in hot yoga or sippin’ on beet juice, adorned with a glass straw. (If you read Leanne’s blog, you definitely know this last statement is true!)
I’ll turn it over to Leanne right now, so she can tell you more about her blog and services and then get to the all-important muffins recipe of the day!
If you’re ready to create the life you’ve been dying to live by liberating your eating style and join a community of thousands of women on the same path, head on over to HealthfulPursuit.com.
From complete 7-day gluten-free & dairy-free meal plans, to liberating your dessert dilemma her vegan & grain-free dessert cookbooks, Leanne is on a mission to prove that: just because you’re trying to eat healthy, doesn’t mean you’ve got to join the convent.
Leanne’s newest book, Vibrant Life Cleanse Program & Cookbook, comes out March 26. On the surface, it’s about juices, smoothies and cleansing. But really, it’s about activating your most radiant self. It includes over 55 dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free juice & smoothie recipes and 7-, 9- and 11- day cleanse programs, plus all the tools you need to cleanse with success.
On to the Muffins
Power to the muffin!
Muffins are king around our house. They’re portable dollops of goodness that I pack full of good things that my fiance and our family will eat without batting an eye. Add ground flax seed for a dose of healthy fats, protein powder to amp up your protein intake, extra fruit if you find it challenging to get all the fruits into your day, double up on the nuts for added fiber… there are so many ways to make them work for you.
My perfect muffin is something that’s high in protein, light, low in calories, and high in fiber. Sound like too much to ask for? No way.
Enter the muffin that’s solving our snacking problem one low calorie, high fiber bite at a time!
Leanne’s Vanilla Pear Muffins Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk – I used lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sifted coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ large bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 6 muffin tins with muffin cups. Set aside.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour with baking powder and nutmeg. Drop into the wet ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Drop batter into muffin cups and place sliced pears on top with a sprinkle of coconut sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 1 minute before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack to cool.
Muffins can be stored for a few days at room temperature. Keep in the fridge to prolong time, or freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
This recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Fridays, and Whole Food Fridays.
Not just gf, but gfe!
- Get gfe posts (including recipes) by email.
- “Like” gfe—glutenfreeeasily on Facebook to see updates/more content.
- Catch up with me on Twitter.
- Looking for a gfe recipe?
- Get the best gluten-free desserts recipes at All Gluten-Free Desserts.
- Local to Fredericksburg, VA area? Check out Support Group & Events page.