You just hit the lottery. No, not the Powerball lottery, but the Power Ball lottery. And you didn’t even have to offer up any money. I give you the perfect sweet enough protein “power” treat! You see … my need for chocolate treat recipes sans chocolate chips ( recently demonstrated by my Flourless Chocolate (Cocoa) Cookies) continues. And there’s a new component. When I make chocolate treats without chocolate chips, I need some built-in portion control.
Extracting the last little bit of almond butter from my jar and adding in a few other simple ingredients, including cacao (or cocoa) powder, I easily created these Power Balls. Almond butter, cacao (or cocoa) powder, coconut flour, and honey make for Power Balls with a slightly bittersweet taste and creamy texture which I simply love.
I ate both of my Power Balls midafternoon and my chocolate and sweet cravings were satisfied. I loved that! But I think next time, I might just split up my treats … one for midmorning and one for midafternoon or maybe one for midafternoon and one for a late-night snack. Or maybe one for midafternoon and one for dessert after dinner. Hmmm, maybe there’s just enough almond butter left in that jar …
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 to 2 tsp coconut flour, sifted (more or less, as needed; see directions)
- ½ tsp raw honey (or other sweetener for vegan option--such as maple syrup, stevia, coconut sugar, agave nectar; adjust amount as needed)
- Using a small spoon, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Let sit about 2 minutes. See if you can easily roll the mixture into a ball. It should be only slightly sticky.
- If the mixture cannot be rolled into a ball easily, mix in up to 1 tsp more coconut flour and let the mixture sit again for about 2 minutes.
- Roll into two balls, each about the size of a nickel in diameter. Or make one larger than the other if you’ll need more of power hit at one time of the day than the other.
This post is linked to 5-Ingredients Mondays, Gluten-Free Tuesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Raw Food Thursdays, Wellness Weekends, Whole Food Fridays, Gluten-Free Fridays, and Savoring Saturdays.