Gluten-Free Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 10 muffin tins with paper liners or silicone liners, or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the apples, coconut sugar, oil, quinoa, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, pecans, raisins, flax seeds, and almond milk to allow the coconut sugar to begin to dissolve.
- Sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 5-Spice powder over the wet mixture. Add the psyllium husks and oats and stir everything just to combine.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup measuring cup, heap the mixture into the muffin cups, filling them quite full (they will not rise any more while baking, so make the tops as high as you can). The mixture may seem as if it’s not sticking together enough, but don’t worry; it will become more cohesive as it bakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, rotating the pans about halfway through baking, until a tester inserted in a center muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before eating (the muffins will be more fragile while warm, but will hold together fine once cool).
Makes 10 muffins. May be frozen.Notes: The whole psyllium husks are a critical ingredient in this recipe. There are no suitable substitutions for them and they cannot be omitted.
Courses Breakfast, Dessert
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/apple-quinoa-breakfast-muffins-ricki-heller/