The Best Ever Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes (Grain Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free and More)
These Best Ever Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes are naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, nut free, and "more free" but they're still absolutely delicious! Hemp seeds are the "secret ingredient" that makes these salmon cakes so special.
- 1 large can wild-caught salmon, about 15 ounces, drained
- 1 large lovey egg* (see notes)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Coconut oil (or oil of choice for frying; coconut oil is best for flavor)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Shape mixture into five or six patties, about 2 ½ inches in diameter.
- Heat oil to medium to medium-high temperature.
- Add salmon cakes. Fry about 6 minutes on each side, “til crispy." Watch carefully though so you don’t overcook the salmon cakes; reduce heat if needed. Ideally, you want the salmon cakes to be crispy and to stay together, but you only want to flip them once.
- Serve with Dijon mustard, if desired.
Jennifer say "lovey egg is not a typo!” She means an egg that’s given with love from a well-loved, free-roaming chicken like hers are.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/best-ever-gluten-free-salmon-cakes-grain-free-dairy-free-nut-free/