Cheesy Chicken Zucchini Bake
This Cheesy Chicken Zucchini Bake is one of our favorite meals. It's naturally gluten free and has an easy and equally delicious dairy-free option.
- extra virgin olive oil, about ¼ cup in total
- 2 – 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and cut into crescent pieces (either sweet or yellow will work)
- blanched almond flour, about ½ cup in total
- seasoning of your choice (I used pizza seasoning, which is similar to Italian seasoning, but a little zestier), about one tablespoon
- chicken tenderloins (or boneless chicken breasts cut in half; as many as you like)
- sauce of your choice (e.g., pizza, marinara), about 1/3 cup
- grated cheese of your choice, if desired, about 1/3 cup (or more if you like) OR a little more almond flour for dairy-free version
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish (or similar).
- Add layer of zucchini (half of what you have sliced).
- Add layer of onions and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Sprinkle almond flour over the onions. (A couple of tablespoons will work.)
- Repeat layering once (or until your ingredients are used up).
- Top with chicken tenderloins.
- Spoon sauce over tenderloins evenly. Drizzle a little more olive oil over sauce-covered chicken.
- After 30 minutes of baking, sprinkle cheese (or a little more almond flour) over sauce-covered chicken. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done. Note: If you use almond flour as topping on the sauce-covered chicken, you may want to put dish under broiler for a minute or two to ensure browning.
Inspired by Nourishing Meals.
See additional substitution notes in my post.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/cheesy-chicken-zucchini-bake/