Easy Bean Salad
- one can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- one can of kidney beans (rinsed and drained
- one can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained)
- one bell pepper, diced (red, green, yellow, your choice--or a mixture)
- 2 to 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon (or a whole lemon, if you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ to 1 tsp Herbamare seasoning (or similar type seasoning like Beau Monde; I used Seasonello and omitted the sea salt)
- ½ to 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (totally optional, I like it both with and without cilantro)
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to large glass measuring cup to ¼ cup mark. Add lemon juice, seasoning of choice, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over remaining ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
- Serve at room temperature or chill before serving.
Makes at least 8 servings.
Courses Salad, Side Dish
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/easy-bean-salad-gluten-free/