Flourless Gluten-Free Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
Yield 15 - 18 cookies
Flourless Gluten-Free Oatmeal Coconut Cookies. Oh, the best of both worlds! Oatmeal cookies and coconut cookies come together in one downright delicious cookie!
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly. Place oats and coconut in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in both sugars and the salt and blend to break up any lumps.
- Whisk in melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Stir all ingredients until they form a large ball of dough.
- Chill the dough about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile, prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Chilled dough will still be somewhat soft. Form the dough into 1-inch balls (or ball-like lumps; don’t stress) and place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball down very slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned (but not too brown) and the tops of the cookies look well set.
- Cool well on the baking sheet (about 10 minutes) before attempting to remove, using a spatula.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
These cookies would also be terrific with mini chocolate chips added. Only about ¼ to 1/3 cup would be needed. Add chocolate chips after adding in butter, vanilla extract, and egg.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/flourless-gluten-free-oatmeal-coconut-cookies/