Bacon Muffins from GAPS Diet Journey
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup bacon grease, liquid state
- 1-1/2 cup steamed cauliflower, pureed (about 1 small head of cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini squash, peeled, shredded and squeezed (1 medium zucchini)
- 4 slices thick bacon, fried and diced
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Steam cauliflower well above water level until fork tender – you don’t want the cauliflower to swim in the boiling water as it will absorb too much liquid and be too wet for the batter. Remove and blend using a food processor, Magic Bullet or stick blender until pureed.
- Peel the zucchini, and shred it. Measure one cup of the zucchini shreds, place in a cotton kitchen towel and squeeze the liquid out.
- Dice the bacon into small squares.
- Insert cupcake papers into muffin tin, or grease and flour using coconut flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To a large mixing bowl add the four eggs, coconut flour, bacon grease, pureed cauliflower and salt. Mix with a whisk or hand mixer for one minute until well blended.
- Allow to sit one minute so that coconut flour can absorb the fluids.
- Add bacon and zucchini into the batter, mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- At the very end, add in the baking soda and mix just until it is well mixed into the batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Courses Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-bacon-muffins-gaps-diet-journey/