Classic Sweet Cornbread Muffins from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cornmeal (see notes)
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour (I use Jules)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if flour blend already has xanthan in it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a glass measuring cup, measure buttermilk then add baking soda, mix together and let sit.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add sugar and use a spatula or wooden spoon, to mix into butter. Add eggs.
- Add buttermilk/baking soda to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, xanthan and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Fill muffin tin cavities mostly full with batter, filling 24 cavities. Bake at 375º for 14-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with crumbs only and muffin top doesn't sink in if pressed with fingertip.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes. Remove muffins from pan to cool on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
If 24 muffins is way too many for your family to eat, simply place extras in a resealable freezer bag and freeze for another day! You can also halve the recipe for a dozen muffins.Shirley here: Be sure to use gluten-free cornmeal. I like the gluten-free cornmeal from Nuts.com.
Courses Breakfast, Bread
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/gluten-free-sweet-cornbread-muffins-my-gluten-free-kitchen/