Gluten-Free Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Brownies (Grain Free)
These gluten-free Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Bars are so good that they earn the "brownie" label!
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- ½ cup butter, melted (or slightly less coconut oil, liquefied)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup very ripe banana, mashed (average size banana)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (measurement amount is not a typo)
- 2 cups almond flour (I don’t recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 to 3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt (or sea salt)
- 2/3 cup nuts, chopped (I used pecans for the version shown); optional
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I use this brand or this brand)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add eggs to large bowl. Beat gently with wooden spoon.
- Add almond flour, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt, mixing well until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut flour. Let batter rest a few minutes. Batter should thicken so that it's thicker than cake batter and be more like what you would expect bar/brownie batter to be. If it doesn't thicken enough, you can add up to 1 tablespoon more of coconut flour. Be careful. Just add a little at a time as coconut flour is so absorbent. You don't want your batter to be too thick and end up with super dense, dry treats.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Using spatula, add batter to baking pan spreading until the batter is even.
- Bake about 20 minutes until golden brown. Check for doneness with a toothpick, if needed.
- Cool in pan at least 15 minutes before cutting, preferably longer. Store loosely covered.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/grain-free-banana-nut-chocolate-chip-brownies/