Slow Cooker Meat Lover's Chicken
A little prep time and a few simple ingredients creates a meal that you'll love coming home to or having ready after you busy yourself all day with other things besides cooking.
- 1 package/container (2 1/2 ounces) dried beef (gluten free, of course)
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 9 to 12 pieces of bacon (don’t skimp on the bacon)
- 1 ¼ cup coconut cream (cream skimmed off top of well-chilled full-fat coconut milk)
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- Lightly grease bottom and sides (about two thirds of the way up) of slow cooker.
- Rinse dried beef with water to rehydrate it and remove a bit of the salt used in the processing. Place dried beef on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 1 ½ to 2 strips of bacon. Don’t fuss over it. It doesn’t have to look pretty. You just want the bacon to stay on the chicken breasts.
- Place bacon-wrapped chicken breasts on top of dried beef.
- Mix coconut cream and chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Slowly pour over other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (depending on size of your chicken breasts). You can cook it on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours if you prefer, but I think it tastes much better if you truly slow cook it when using the crockpot.
- Serve over rice or gluten-free noodles, or by itself with a salad and/or vegetables.
I like a lot of sauce with this recipe, but you can reduce the amount of coconut cream and chicken broth to make less sauce if you like.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/meat-lovers-chicken-oven-slow-cooker/