Naturally Gluten-Free Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning (or 1 tsp in total of a combination of your favorites seasonings for pizza; see notes)
- ¾ cup pizza sauce (see notes)
- About ½ cup chopped pepperoni
- Additional ingredients of choice---about ½ to 1 cup total of chopped green onion; chopped mushrooms; chopped or sliced olives; chopped tomatoes, chopped and fully drained artichoke hearts, chopped and fully drained spinach—whatever you enjoy on your pizza
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Gluten-free tortilla chips (or other chips), crackers, pretzels, bread sticks, cut veggies, etc. for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease 9-inch pie pan.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and seasonings to a large bowl. Mix well with hand mixer.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of the pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spoon pizza sauce over baked mixture.
- Add most of the pepperoni pieces plus most of the other additional ingredients. Reserve a few of the ingredients to garnish the dip later.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over surface of the dip. Top with reserved ingredients.
- Bake about 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with gluten-free tortilla chips (or other chips), crackers, bread sticks, pretzels, cut veggies, etc. Leftovers may be reheated in the oven or microwave.
Instead of ready-made pizza seasoning you can use one teaspoon in total of your favorite individual pizza seasonings; e.g., dried oregano, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, ground red pepper, red pepper flakes
I used 30 pepperoni slices.
I don’t care for turkey pepperoni as many do, so I precook my pepperoni in the microwave on paper towels about 45 seconds to help remove a lot of the fat and make it crispy before I add it to the recipe.
If you use dairy-free ingredients, bake cream cheese/sour cream/seasonings mixture for about 13 minutes. Top as directed per instructions and bake about 7 minutes longer. You want to ensure that the mozzarella-type shreds just melt slightly.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/naturally-gluten-free-pizza-dip-dairy-free-option/