This naturally gluten free, paleo, and vegan Okra Popcorn is completely addictive! It will turn you into an okra lover! p.s. There is NO slime factor---in case you were wondering.
- 2 cups okra (about half a colander’s worth)
- About 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika or smoked paprika (more or less, to taste; optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Wash okra pieces and dry.
- Cut ends off of pieces.
- Slice the rest of the pieces into thin slices, from 1/8 inch to ¼ inch per your personal preference.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Drizzle olive oil on baking sheet.
- Spread okra slices on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle seasonings over okra slices.
- Stir all with wooden spoon until fairly evenly coated with both the olive oil and seasonings.
- Roast for about 12 minutes, or until okra slices have reached desired crispness. (I often test a greener slice and return the baking sheet to the oven if needed until I get them "just right." The testing is tasty!)
Courses Side Dish, Snack
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/okra-popcorn-gluten-free-paleo-vegan/