Paleo Apple Crumb Muffins (Gluten Free)
Yield 12 muffins
Apple muffins are taken up a notch with a simple and delightful crumb topping! Gluten free, grain free, paleo, and delicious.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal), packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups apple, peeled and chopped (about four small-sized apples or two large apples),
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup walnuts (or other nuts or seeds of choice), chopped
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add muffin/cupcake liners to muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your whisk to break up any lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to mixture. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mix crumb topping ingredients.
- Pour muffin batter into the muffin liners.
- Spoon or crumble the crumb topping over batter in each muffin liner.
- Press crumb topping into muffin batter slightly using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.
- Cool about 5 to 10 minutes.
I like to refrigerate these muffins after we enjoy some of them warm out of the oven. They will keep for several days.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/paleo-apple-crumb-muffins-gluten-free/