Paleo Shredded Coconut Blueberry Muffins
Kelly says: “These Paleo muffins have amazing texture, which is surprising since they don’t contain any starch. I have used arrowroot in place of the flax meal and the results are equally good. These muffins are cake-like, but with some grittiness from the shredded coconut. So delish. And there’s only 1/4 cup of honey in all 12 muffins, thanks to my good friend Mr. Stevia. I would keep on and on about my love for these muffins, but it’s time for breakfast here, so I’m off to eat one now.”
- 5 eggs, brought to room temp in a bowl of hot tap water
- 3/4 cup applesauce with no added sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp liquid vanilla stevia
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Set the oven to 350F degrees.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients except for the blueberries in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Immediately fold in the blueberries (the batter will thicken as it sits, so fold the blueberries in right away).
- Use an ice cream sized scoop with a lever (a 1/3-cup scoop) to fill 12 unbleached muffin cups. (Note: If you don’t use a scoop the tops just won’t be quite so round.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Reprinted with permission from Kelly Brozyna.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/paleo-shredded-coconut-blueberry-muffins/