Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Adapted from Ricki Heller, Sweet Freedom
- 1 cup mashed, ripe banana (about three bananas)
- 1/3 cup honey (use another sweetener for vegan option; e.g., agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tin for 10 muffins.
- In large bowl, mix bananas, honey, oil, ground flax seed, water, and vanilla extract. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Then add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix a bit (without overmixing). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Test for doneness.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/review-giveaway-ebooks/