Gluten-Free Combination Fried Rice
Grab some leftovers from your fridge and a few items from your pantry and you can be enjoying this delicious gluten-free combination fried rice in short order!
- A couple of tablespoons of oil of your choice (I use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
- About one large onion, chopped (or equal amount of chopped green onion)
- About half of a green or red pepper, if desired, chopped
- About 2 cups or more of cooked rice (I like to cook extra rice and then freeze it to use later for fried rice, soup, jambalaya, etc.)
- One can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- One can bamboo shoots, drained (optional)
- About 1 cup of fresh mushrooms (when my mushrooms are “heading south,” I sauté them in oil and freeze and then pull them out for dishes like this)
- About 1 to 2 cups or more of other vegetables of your choice (carrots, peas, corn, broccoli, etc.)
- About 1 to 2 cups of cooked meat and/or seafood of your choice (chicken, ham, pork, shrimp) (optional, may omit for a vegetarian or vegan dish)
- A couple of tablespoons of gluten-free soy sauce or tamari, or soy-free, refined sugar free coconut aminos
- About 3 eggs, beaten (optional, may omit for a vegan dish)
- Add oil to a deep skillet (or wok) and heat on medium-high, adding onions and pepper cooking a few minutes until onion is soft.
- Reduce heat to medium and add rice and other vegetables, stirring often for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in meat and seafood, stirring a few minutes.
- Drizzle beaten eggs into mixture in skillet and stir well, distributing eggs throughout. Cook until eggs are visibly done, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in soy sauce until well blended.
Makes 4 or more servings.
Courses Entree, Main Dish
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/skillet-supper-series-combination-fried-rice-for-go-ahead-honey/