Pomegranate (POM) Sherbet (Dairy Free)
This Pomegranate Sherbet is light and refreshing. The tart flavor in this sherbet is just wonderful!
- 2 cups of POM Wonderful pomegranate juice, chilled (or other 100% pure pomegranate juice)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- ¼ cup honey (or agave nectar for vegan option; more of either if you omit stevia below---see notes)
- 7 drops liquid vanilla crème stevia (optional, see notes if you wish to leave it out)
- Mix all together well (using blender, or bowl and your mixer) and pour into frozen tub of ice cream maker. Churn about 25 minutes.
- When you remove the POM sherbet from the ice cream maker, it will still be somewhat soft. You can scoop it into a container and freeze for about a half hour to an hour longer to have a firmer sherbet. Or you can spoon some into a glass, stir well, and insert a straw for a slushie. You will love this recipe either way. The last time I made it, we drank small glassfuls in slushie form and then we enjoyed the firm sherbet later. It’s a good compromise for those wanting just a little taste the moment they hear the ice cream maker stop!
If you want to omit the stevia, you can increase the honey (or agave nectar) to 1/3 cup. Taste the blended mixture before adding it to the ice cream maker. Add additional honey (or agave nectar) and/or stevia if needed.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/suite-of-sweets-for-sweethearts-pom-pomegranate-sherbet/