Super-Charged Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- About 5 cups of broccoli, cut into florets
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toppings, as desired; e.g. dried cranberries, sliced almonds, chia or hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, sautéed mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, almond flour
- Steam your broccoli to desired doneness; drain.
- While broccoli is steaming, squeeze the juice from the half lemon into a large bowl. Add and whisk in oil gradually until thoroughly blended. Whisk in garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Add the hot broccoli and toss until coated in dressing (or simply pour dressing over broccoli and stir a bit).
- Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. As shown in the photo, I’ve added dried cranberries, hemp seeds, and sautéed, sliced Baby Bella mushrooms.
If you use a microwave, microwaving your lemon on high for about 30 seconds will yield more juice when you squeeze the lemon. Rolling on the counter a bit beforehand also works.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/super-garlic-lemon-broccoli/