Cornmeal Pizza Crust (Gluten Free)
This cornmeal pizza crust makes this thin crust pizza a little unconventional. The crust is somewhat gritty in texture (in an understated way) due to the texture of the cornmeal and mild in flavor. I think you will enjoy it!
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespooon applesauce
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ tablespoons gluten-free cornmeal (Shirley's note: Almond flour also works fine.)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- In small bowl or cup, briefly beat egg until nearly uniform in color.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. The dough will look like a creamy paste.
- Spray microwave-safe plate with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
- Spread batter into a 6-inch circle.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove from plate and cool.
- Place crust on metal tray or foil, top with your favorite toppings.
- Finish baking in toaster oven (or conventional oven) at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. (If you used parchment paper for microwaving, remove it before baking.) Baking time will be approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
From the book Gluten-Free in Five Minutes by Roben Ryberg. Excerpted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright (c) 2011.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/the-gluten-free-extreme-gfe-cookbook-giveaway-eight-awesome-cookbooks-eight-gfe-winners/