Easy Gluten-Free Tortilla Pizza
There really is an easy and super quick way to make delicious pizza. This Easy Gluten-Free Tortilla Pizza recipe is it!
- Rudi’s gluten-free tortillas (your favorite flavor or your favorite gluten-free flour tortillas)
- Pizza sauce (about 1 to 2 tbsp; see notes)
- Cheese (or cheese alternative like Daiya shreds or Majestic Garlic Spread)
- Favorite toppings (thinly sliced and lightweight ones preferred; precooking may be recommended for some items like pepperoni and mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place one tortilla on top of another for a doubled effect on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Mix a small amount of sauce with about the same amount or a slightly lesser amount of your cheese (or cheese alternative).
- Spread mix evenly on tortilla surface.
- Top with your favorite toppings. (We use slightly pre-cooked pepperoni most often, but thinly sliced onions and mushrooms---both cooked enough to release most of the liquid---make a great veggie topping.)
- Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes. Crust will be well browned on edges and the tortilla pizza will be crispy when done.
- Cut into four equal slices with a pizza cutter. Serve.
I've also made these pizzas using chili sauce and salsa as my sauce. The key with any of these sauces is to only use a small amount so that the crust is not weighed down and the sauce is not too much liquid. I spread it on about the thickness that I'd spread mayonnaise on bread.I don't use corn tortillas to make these pizzas. They really don't work well for gluten-free Tortilla Pizzas in my opinion.
Recipe by gfe--gluten free easily at https://glutenfreeeasily.com/whats-under-wraps-giveaway-rudis-gluten-free-tortilla-pizza-recipe/