This post is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Update: This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Mary Sharp, and thanks so much to all who entered the giveaway! FYI: There’s still time to order Mommy, What Is Celiac Disease? for Christmas arrival via author/illustrator’s, Katie Chalmer’s, website. You can read a recent article on Katie and her terrific book here.
I am so honored that Katie Chalmers, the author and illustrator of the unique new book, Mommy, What is Celiac Disease?, asked me to participate in the Gluten-Free Holiday Giveaway Galore x 10 event. It’s a giveaway of a signed copy of her book as well as a terrific gift package featuring gluten-free products from favorite companies and some fun and sweet surprises for kids. I just had to join in!
First, I have to tell you that Katie’s book is beautifully written and illustrated. Written for children who have been diagnosed with celiac, it focuses on the disease in simple terms as well as all the wonderful real food that those who are gluten free can eat. Of course, I don’t need to tell you that I love that approach. That’s the gluten free easily—gfe—way, and it works. Along with the text, Katie has created some truly captivating illustrations. I’ve never seen any others exactly like them before. Both Katie and her daughter have celiac and the character in the book is modeled after her daughter.
Here’s a complete listing of what’s in the goodie gift bag:
-Signed copy of Mommy, What is Celiac Disease?
-Schar 123 Milly PlayMais – dice game & biodegradable natural toy activity brick set
-Schar products: Cheese Bites, Chocolate -or- Vanilla Sandwich Creme Cookies, Hazelnut Wafers
-Pamela’s Products: Single Serve Pancake Mix, Single Serve Brownie Mix, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookie two-pack, Tablespoon/teaspoon measuring spoon, kid’s sized t-shirt–color will vary
-Nature’s Path products: Peanut Butter Panda Puffs & crispy rice bars – flavors will vary, $1 off coupons
-Mary’s Gone Crackers product: one of the following: box of cookies, crackers, or Sticks & Twigs
-Snyder’s of Hanover product: bag of gluten-free pretzel sticks
-Chebe product: pizza crust mix or all-purpose bread mix
-Bob’s Sweet Stripes product: one bag of soft peppermint candy sticks
-Stuffed teddy bear (colors may vary)
-Holiday pencils, eraser, holiday notepad & plastic snowman cereal bowl
-Large holiday gift bag, small holiday gift bag, and tissue paper (will need to be assembled to use for gift packaging)
Note: Contents may vary slightly.
Contest Rules—Please read the fine print below:
• All 10 giveaways are open to residents of the USA. My giveaway and Devan’s (Accustomed Chaos) will also be open to Canadian residents.
• Giveaways begin today—Wednesday, December 1, 2010—and end on Wednesday, December 15, 2010, at 10pm EST.
• Entry requirements will vary between bloggers. Please follow the individual blogger’s directions to participate.
• Entrants can only win once total within all 10 giveaways. If anyone is chosen more than once as a winner, another winner will be chosen so everyone only wins once.
• One winner per household.
• Winners with valid entries will be selected at random. The winners will be announced and notified via email and must reply within 24 hours to claim the prize. Otherwise, another eligible entry will be chosen, in order that all prizes may be shipped to allow arrival before Christmas. So please remember to check your email on Dec.16th. (A subscription to gfe will ensure that you see when the post is updated with the winner’s info. You can subscribe via reader here or via email here.)
• If any of the 10 prizes do not arrive before Christmas because of any unforeseen holiday mail rush problems, the USPS, Katie Chalmers and hosting bloggers will not be held accountable.
There are numerous ways to enter this giveaway. You only have to do one to enter this giveaway, but feel free to do as many as you like. Just be sure to leave a separate comment for each to ensure they get counted!
~Leave a comment saying why you’d like to win this giveaway.
~Post about this giveaway on your blog or share it on Facebook. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~Tweet about this roundup/giveaway using @Shirleygfe. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~“Like” gfe on Facebook. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~“Friend” me on Facebook. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~“Like” Mommy, What Is Celiac Disease? on Facebook. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~Follow Katie on Twitter. Leave a comment here saying that you did.
~If you follow (Twitter) any of the other bloggers who are participating in this event (see listing below), leave a comment for each.
~If you “like” (Facebook) any of the other bloggers who are participating in this event (see listing below), leave a comment for each.
For additional chances to win, please visit the other participants who make up the “x 10” of the Gluten-Free Holiday Giveaway Galore x 10. (Direct links to their giveaway posts are included below.) This listing includes some of my very favorite blogs and blogging friends, plus a few others who are new to me. I can’t wait to get to know them better!
Accustomed Chaos – Devan
Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom – Heidi
Be Free For Me – Kathleen
Celiac Family – Heather
Gluten Free Betsy – Betsy
Gluten Free is Life – Kim
Gluten Free Philly – Michael
Gluten Free Taste of Home – Cinde
Final note: You can find this event and others on Katie’s Happenings page on her site.
- Catch up with me on Twitter.
- “Like” gfe—glutenfreeeasily on Facebook to see updates/more content.
- Get gfe posts (including recipes) by email.
- Looking for a gfe recipe?
- Get the best gluten-free desserts recipes at All Gluten-Free Desserts.
- Local to Fredericksburg, VA area? Check out Support Group & Events page.