Maple syrup, pecans, bananas. Based on those three ingredients alone, you know today’s Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Banana Muffins are going to be a hit!
Let’s learn more about this lovely variation on a muffin classic, the gluten-free blogger who created it, today’s daily prizes (a subscription, a cookbook, and a baking ingredient), and, of course, the fabulous grand prize giveaway.
See the whole lineup of bloggers, blogs, and muffin recipes here. Be sure to leave a comment on today’s post to enter the grand prize giveaway that will be conducted on Wednesday, April 11, and includes a muffin pan, Gluten Detective test kits, NuNaturals gift package, Legit Bread Company gift package, Elana’s Pantry gift package, $100 Amazon gift card, Instant Pot, Zojirushi breadmaker, KitchenAid 6-qt lift stand mixer, and—the grand prize!—Blendtec high-speed blender package! Please remember that EVERY comment in MMM (only one comment per post, please) will be an entry for the final giveaway, so if you’ve missed some posts, take a moment to visit each and leave a single comment so you’ll get the maximum entries in. Again, you can see a listing of all the posts here.
The Gluten and Dairy Free Bakehouse
My dear friend Kylie of The Gluten and Dairy Free Bakehouse is in Australia. We’ve been online friends for many years now but, sadly, have not met “in real life” although each of us is holding out hope that either she’ll come to the U.S. or I’ll get to Australia. In the words of Susan Walker in Miracle on 34th Street, “I believe … I believe!”
Kylie is one of the most incredibly talented gluten-free recipe creators that I know. Her recipes are beautiful and scrumptious every single time. She’s a perfectionist and she’s always tweaking her fantastic recipes to be even better, which amazes and delights her readers!
I’ve also gotten a delightful education on recipes that are loved in her part of the world because she’s often re-creating them to be gluten free and dairy free or she simply puts a new spin on them. Those recipes include Ginger Creams, Raw Chocolate Caramel Slice, Decadent Lamington Bliss Balls, and Lamington Whoopies Pies. Kylie’s breads are also pretty phenomenal: White Bread, Wholemeal Bread (what those of in the U.S. would call “whole grain”), Cinnamon Raisin Bread, and Focaccia. Honestly, I think you’ll love everything on her site and I’ve linked to several of her recipes below her MMM muffin recipe, so let’s get to that and then you can read on and click away!
Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Banana Muffins
Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Banana Muffins
Kylie says: “Most people enjoy a good old-fashioned banana muffin. They make a tasty breakfast alternative or mid-morning or afternoon snack. However, by adding maple syrup and toasted pecans, you can take the humble banana muffin and turn it into a new taste sensation! p.s. Be sure to read my notes on cup measurements for this recipe.”
- 104g (3.7 ounces or ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon) superfine white rice flour
- 50g (1.8 ounces or ⅓ cup) superfine brown rice flour
- 33g (1.2 ounces or 3 tablespoons) potato starch (see notes)
- 24g (0.8 ounces or 3 tablespoons) tapioca starch
- 21g (0.7 ounces or 3 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 132g (4.7 ounces or ¾ cup) light muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) salt
- 228g (8.0 ounces or 1 cup) mashed very ripe bananas
- 104g (3.7 ounces or ½ cup) melted coconut oil
- 125ml (½ cup) dairy free milk of choice
- 60ml (¼ cup) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
Stir Through Ingredient
- 50g (1.8 ounces or ½ cup) roughly chopped toasted pecan nuts
- 36g (1.3 ounces or ⅓ cup) roughly chopped pecan nuts
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling
- While the oven is preheating, place the chopped pecans in a cake pan or tray, toast them until lightly golden and then place in a bowl to cool.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside. (Important: For accurate cup measurements, I sift the potato starch before measuring, so that there are no lumps/clumps. All cup measurements are firmly packed.)
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and the maple syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, mixing until combined, before stirring through the chopped pecans.
- Fill each liner to approximately ¾ full. Now sprinkle a few of the chopped pecan nuts over each muffin and approximately a scant ½ teaspoon of the Demerara sugar.
- Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 2 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 muffins.
All cup measurements are firmly packed. For accurate cup measurements, I sift the potato starch before measuring, so that there are no lumps/clumps.
These muffins are best served warm.
More Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes (and More) from The Gluten and Dairy Free Bakehouse That You Should Check Out
~ Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins (part of the last MMM event)
20 Dishes: 3-Month Subscription (2 winners; sponsored by 20 Dishes)
Basically, 20 Dishes is a customized meal prep plan that tells you how to prep a week of meals in about an hour. But it’s more than that. We’re talking meal plans, recipes, prep guide, shopping lists, etc. You have a choice of Gluten-Free, Paleo, AIP, Keto, Real Food, or Vegetarian meal plans. As you would expect by these labels, most of these plans are gluten free but not all. If you win this prize, you’ll want to be sure to choose the right plan for you and your family. Even if you don’t win this prize, you can give 20 Dishes a 7-day trial here. (You can read much more on 20 Dishes, including the testimonials from subscribers.)
If you’re a reader of Lea’s site, you are already familiar with her wonderful dessert creations, like Key Lime Pie (paleo, nut free, vegan), Paleo Chocolate Birthday Cake, and Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti (yes, paleo). Her cookbook, which includes over 90 recipes, just lets you devour all her desserts at once. Figuratively, at least. Although I have no doubt, you’ll jump in and start making these delights! The recipes are paleo so they’re gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free, and most are dairy free (or have a dairy-free option). There are also plenty of egg-free and nut-free desserts. Click on the Amazon link above and use the “Look Inside” feature to see if this cookbook is a good fit for your sweet treat needs!
Authentic Foods Super Fine White Rice Flour (3-lbs) (sponsored by gfe)
There are so many brands of rice flour and gluten-free flour mixes on the market that are gritty and unacceptable. So many times people think that gluten-free baked goods are awful and most of the time it’s because gritty rice flour was used in the recipe (or in the flour mix that was used in a recipe). Authentic Foods grinds all their rice flour (and their mixes that contain rice flour) super fine, which means that grittiness is never an issue.
To enter the giveaway for these items, simply leave a comment on this post saying which one you’d like to win (if you have a preference).
Remember that your comment on this post also gives you another entry into the grand prize giveaway! Read more below. You’ll probably want ALL the prizes! Winners for prizes featured throughout MMM will be selected on Wednesday, April 11, at midnight Eastern. All MMM giveaways are open to everyone, everywhere!
Grand Prize Giveaway
See all 10 prizes here. Shown are the top six prizes (per monetary value—they’re all tops in my opinion). Again, this giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere!
a Rafflecopter giveaway