I mentioned the amazing Harvest Your Health Bundle at the beginning of the week. (Note that this offer is no longer available.) Today I’m sharing two recipes from two of the ebooks that are included in the bundle. The first is Cheesy Sausage Potatoes from Stacy Myers’ (Stacy Makes Cents) Crock On book.
The second is Asparagus French Fries from The Veggie Book by Danielle Tate, Debra Worth, Sara Shay and Kayla Grey. Both recipes look and sound wonderful and would certainly be welcomed in the gfe household!
You’ll find the recipes below and the complete listing of all the ebooks, magazines, meal plans, and more (70+ items), plus discounts you get in my original post here. The value is over $1200, but the cost is only $37. This bundle is only available through October 14. As I said before, I don’t typically share bundles, but everything in this package just impressed me so much. I think that it could be very helpful to my gfe readers. If you want to see all that’s in the bundle and/or purchase it, CLICK HERE.
Many thanks to Stacy, Danielle, Debra, Sara, and Kayla for so graciously sharing their recipes with gfe and being part of Harvest Your Health!
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 6 cups potatoes, chopped into 2 inch
- chunks (with or without the peel – I leave
- the peel on)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese + more for serving
- one 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain. Transfer to a 4-5 quart greased crock pot. Add potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, chilies, chili powder, and salt. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are fork tender. Serve with slotted spoon. Sprinkle each individual serving with shredded cheddar cheese.
There will be a good amount of juice left in the bottom. You can discard it or thicken it to make “gravy.”
You can prep the potatoes the night before. Place in bowl and cover with water. Refrigerate until needed.
]-We like this as a breakfast-dinner. Leftovers can be reheated the next morning for breakfast.
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs (use gluten-free bread crumbs!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Trim off the root end of your asparagus and cut each spears in half. If you have spears that are thicker than others you may want to cut them in half length-wise to ensure even cooking.
- Place eggs, beaten in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl or plate mix together your salt, pepper, parsley and bread crumbs together.
- Dip spears into egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on greased pan and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes until desired tenderness is reached.